Sunday, November 4, 2007

On a personal note...

Those of you who know me well, know that I sleep heavily. Like the dead, only more so. I've slept through a tornado, several wild parties, smoke alarms, an attempted break and enter with my dog barking...you name it, I sleep through it. People trying to wake me have actually thought I was dead.

Right now, I use an alarm that starts with the radio and graduates to an annoying beeping, and the television programmed to go on shortly after the alarm starts. The blinds are open so I get sun in my eyes. This combo works most, not all but most, of the time.

Recently I purchased an alarm clock guaranteed to wake the heaviest sleeper. You put it under your pillow or mattress, and it vibrates and buzzes. So, I put it in my pillow, thinking that close to my head was the best location.

Didn't work. I slept through it. Soundly.

So I returned it, and caveat emptor to anyone else who tries it. Good luck, hope it works for you.

Is there a Rube Goldberg-type in the world who could invent a mechanism to dump me out of bed into a tub of cold water when the alarm rings? That should work...I hope. *LOLOL*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem.
I have a suggestion which works for me.
Put multiple alarm clocks(the most annoying you can find) in different rooms and crank up the volume(whether music or buzz) to it`s most annoying level.Only buzzing works for me.I can sleep through loud music.
By the time you walk around the house shutting these off,you may be awake.
But they HAVE to be very loud and annoying!
I have an open concept house and I have 5 extremely annoying alarms.
I worked my way up to 5 and it seems to be the magic # for me.

Anonymous said...

I used to be like that, because I didn't want to get up. I had jobs.

Now, I can't wait to get up to get work so as soon as it is light, I'm wide awake. I can't sleep in, don't doze anymore although I take the odd nap.

You could get a puppy and let him sleep in your bed. That might be as effective as cold water.

Or, you could win the lottery so every day is Saturday...